Hi, I’m Alethea Cheng Fitzpatrick, founder of Photosanity, where we provide women’s leadership and photography coaching.
We help ambitious, mission-driven women increase their personal and professional impact as leaders without sacrificing themselves in the process.
We do this through a transformative coaching process that helps you look holistically at all areas of your life, and uses photography as a powerful tool for personal development. We show you how, through the photos you take, you can find joy, courage, and connection, and deepen your values, mission and leadership voice.
We use both written and photographic exercises as tools to shift the internal and external narratives that are not serving you. Previous photography experience is not required - only an openness and curiosity to give it a try.
Some of the things we look at include career, work and personal relationships, family, kids, health and fitness, finances, communication, negotiation, boundaries, stress, time management, prioritization, and self-care in order to help you align to your overall mission and values and more quickly and easily achieve your goals.
At Photosanity, we seek to create collaborative, non-hierarchical, diverse and inclusive paradigms of leadership that end the zero sum game and create a better world for all.
This is perfect for you if:
1) You're on the fast track and making a difference in a demanding and ever-growing leadership role. However, you suspect the personal cost is too high, but are afraid of slowing down and can’t see any other way to achieve your goals.
2) You've hit a wall. No matter how hard you work, it feels like you aren't progressing in the way that you know you can. You are unsatisfied, underutilized and dying to make a bigger contribution. You’re ready to step up your leadership, but you feel stuck.
3) You are tired of constantly trying to balance everything. Things are going relatively well both at home and at work, but it feels like you are never doing enough or doing it well enough. You feel guilty about not spending more time working, AND you also feel guilty about not spending more time on your personal life - dating or with your partner or kids.
4) You are transitioning, or thinking about transitioning back into the work force, or making a career change. You need support in thinking about next steps, what you want and how to make the right move.
We can help you:
- Take a step back and assess all areas of your life, including your personal and professional background, mission, beliefs, values, goals and achievements, and how you’re feeling about your career, health, finances, personal relationships, emotional and spiritual well-being, growth, habits, community, self-esteem and more. This will help us outline a plan of action that will bring you closer to your goals without sacrificing yourself in the process.
- Look at your internal narratives and any limiting beliefs, myths or paradigms that you have internalized that are no longer serving you and are in fact holding you back.
- Look at your external narratives - how you communicate, negotiate, set boundaries, delegate, ask for help, and advocate for yourself and others in order to help you be more effective with your time talent and energy.
- Look at your work life - we can address any career crisis, discrimination or abuse you may be experiencing. We can help you through a job transition, including a layoff or career change, as well as a new job search. We can look at advancing or upleveling your public profile, and create a plan for mentorship, sponsorship, and networking.
- Look at your personal life - we can help you handle overwhelm, time management, financial management, prioritization, self-care (stress and health management) and personal crises affecting work. Although this not therapy, health, finance or fitness coaching, we can address these issues within a holistic approach to your life, and refer you out to specialists as deemed appropriate.
- Look at your overall mission, values, and legacy - we can help you determine your personal vs. professional goals, how to align your life with your values, and your insides to your outsides. We’ll look at what your “zone of genius” is and how you can put yourself there as much as possible. We’ll help you create an approach to your life that is holistic, authentic, and integrated, leverages your talent, skills, and expertise, and creates synchronicity in all areas of your life.
Interested in finding out more?
We invite you to sign up for our free guide on 5 myths of women's leadership and how to bust through them, or learn more about women's leadership coaching.